How are Landscape Industry Certified Technicians qualified?
Beginning in 2010, CNLA and the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET) aligned their certification programs under one brand – Landscape Industry Certified. This brand name speaks clearly to consumers, is supported and used internationally, shows credibility and commitment to best practices, and leaves a lasting impression.
The Canadian Nursery Landscape Association (CNLA) Certification Committee has worked tirelessly to align industry certification programs with national standards and give them more credibility both within and outside of our industry.
The new brand name, Landscape Industry Certified, consolidates specialties of green industry certification under one umbrella. Now, everyone who is CNLA certified will be identified with this universal title. Our goal is to acquire critical mass where Landscape Industry Certified individuals are in demand by consumers and preferred, and ultimately required, on job bids. This rebranding effort demonstrates growth in our industry and in our careers.
- Landscape Industry Certified speaks very clearly to the end user. No longer will you have to go into lengthy explanations about what the acronyms (CLP, CLD, CHT, etc.) behind your signature mean. The simple recognition of Landscape Industry Certified will speak volumes to your clients and prospects.
- Landscape Industry Certified has international appeal. The Professional Landcare Network (PLANET) has adopted the new brand name and logo for its professional development program. This will pave the way for broader recognition of our industry certification.
- Landscape Industry Certified shows a commitment to best practices. The CNLA certification program continuously seeks to align itself with the certification industry’s best practices as defined by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) standards. NCCA is the accrediting body of the National Organization for Competency Assurance (NOCA).
- Landscape Industry Certified leaves a lasting impression. With a single, identifiable brand name to proudly display your hard-earned green industry certification, you have enhanced your staying power and your competitive edge with customers. More than ever in these tough times, we need to stand out in every way possible … Landscape Industry Certified showcases your expertise and education.
- Landscape Industry Certified continues to show your specialization(s). A tagline of Manager, Designer, Technician, and/or Retail Horticulturist differentiates the numerous specialties within the industry. It allows certified individuals to continue to highlight their specific skills.
You are encouraged to integrate the Landscape Industry Certified brand into your company’s marketing materials and continue to display your certification proudly to your clients.